1.22.2011

White Citrus

"God bless you, you're pretty."
"Do you have a boyfriend? Take you out sometime, give you my number. I make a pretty good one, myself."

------------------------
What am I to say when these words are directed towards me? Who am I, to put them in their place?

As each day passes, one thing that becomes clear to me, is that I don't like looking good for other people but for myself. I wear sweats and t-shirts more than ever. Freshman year in high school is when you enter into a whole different level than middle school. There's guys you want to impress, girls you want to outlook, and you want the best reputation. Next year, is being a sophomore, school starts to haunt you a little. You clean up your act a little, join a team but still try to look your best when you have days to look good for. What happens during junior year? You've been through the drama freshman and sophomore year. We think ahead now. To look good for someone is nothing if we are not satisfied with ourselves first. Senior year is when we were whatever we want and still people look at us as beautiful inside and out. Cause we simply don't care anymore. People look at me, my sister and my cousin when we walk the streets but what do i want inside? The attention is okay, but why can't people love us for our personality? Why do they have that instinct where all they want is to get in someone's pants? As each day passes, I believe I dress nice to show how I can be kind-hearted and not for show.

There are times where we have lust. There are other times where we have a need we can't fulfill. There are many temptations and things that drives us mad to a point where our patience can only go so high.



We need to think. How can we show ourselves to be humble to God? How can we align our lives and reach out to those in need? How can I say you are beautiful with all my heart, strength, soul and mind?

Just how.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this. I'm always thinking about the superficiality of beauty, and how true beauty stems from inside. Also, I appreciate how you're so raw/honest about what goes on in your mind.

Being a guy, I tend to look when I see a pretty girl walk by, but immediately (literally within a second) wonder what her personality is like, if her inner beauty matches that of her outer. I realize the way I think isn't the most popular, but I'm always praying to God to help give me the insight to meet someone who is both beautiful inside and out.

You ask how, but I think the path your currently on will bear fruits in the future, when a girl becomes a woman in her twenties after having general life experience..and to be honest, a woman gets more and more beautiful as she gets older and older, so keep on thinking and persevering!

Anonymous said...

damn girl you're so fine